Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MODEL SESSION FROM STUDIO 19


2 MINUTE GESTURE DRAWINGS
Having multiple gesture drawings on the same page provides an opportunity to find some abstract compositions by tight cropping.  Using an empty slide holder as a viewfinder, I am sure there are some paintings waiting to be discovered!

BRUSH PEN DRAWINGS
A brush pen with real or synthetic hair (as opposed to a felt tip) is a wonderfully fluid drawing instrument.  It takes some practice to get a variety of line from it but a joy to draw with.  Here I combined two poses into one composition.  A little weird but fun.
Wendy with a Flowered  hat



I have combined two poses again and added a little diluted ink wash and a bit of charcoal to the brush pen.


ADDITION OF BLACK AND BROWN INK WASHES
As I work, I like to try different combinations of materials to see what works best.



Here I started with the ink wash without line, laying in the shapes of the black leotard and adding the ink line last.  Walnut ink wash with black ink brush pen.
ADDING COFFEE STIRER STICK & INK TO THE MIX! 
FINAL PIECE OF THE DAY!

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful,Myrna, I am sure you will find a painting in them. I plan to be at the next monthly drawing from life session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of early laszlo moholy-nagy portraits. really really great.

    ReplyDelete