Saturday, January 28, 2012

DRAWING FOR "THE CLAN" SERIES!

This is the first step in a new process for me.  A detailed graphite pencil drawing.  It will get painted on top of but I thought this would be a good place to post this step.   These are the men in my life....my husband and three sons.  It is going to take me awhile to get the scale of the various heads in the proper proportion for the depth to read properly.  Darn if I didn't make my husband's head a tad too large.  I need to get out the tracing paper and make some corrections.  Then I will have it right, permanently!

1 comment:

  1. Nice layout though. I found you on Gary Everest's site, It's nice to meet another portrait painter. I been specializing portraiture for a year now. I have a long ways to go and the challenge is difficult, but it's the genre that holds my interest. I'll be watching your development of this painting.

    ReplyDelete