Wednesday, February 23, 2011

THE POWER OF RED!




These are some of the drawings I created last night.  One of the other participants shared with me that she had seen some "Guru" of the New York Art Scene expounding on what sells!  The "expert" said that paintings with RED were the hot ticket.  I was inspired!  Any takers?   As most of you know, I am not very interested in what the latest and greatest is.  I work with images and materials that fire my imagination and get my heart racing.  If you build it, they will come.  Even if  they don't come, I had a good time building it.

The last two figures were short poses.  I work on newsprint.  This time I painted in the mass shapes with acrylic ink and then went back with a fine brush in black ink.  I think this is a good way to capture the gesture, mass and proportion in a short period of time.  I am saving all these quick drawings.  I may try to collage with them at some later date.

2 comments:

  1. In your first painting the red sets just fine in the background even though the subject is in muted tones. I tried that today, put red in a corner background box, and now that box is way in front of the main course! lol. That's power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myrna, I have signed up for a week of life drawing (all models, no instruction) at a summer art series. I can hardly wait to try out some of your techniques.

    ReplyDelete